You will not find a better test, inspection and reconstruction support facility. The 15,000 square foot ATA Technology Center is equipped with an overhead crane and vehicle lift, electrical, shop air, exceptional lighting and a full array of tools and equipment. This facility provides a clean, safe, secure, environmentally controlled work space.
The ATA Technology Center houses our staff,
intellectual resources, tools and equipment to support state-of-the-art
methods in testing, analysis, accident reconstruction,
graphics and video. It provides the optimal environment for our
customers and staff to engage in an extensive array of unique technical
SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE TO TAKE A SHORT TOUR OF OUR UNIQUE FACILITY.
High Bay Laboratory
This facility houses equipment critical to handling items for inspection, tests and precise technical analyses:
- 10-ton capacity overhead bridge crane for safe and secure movement of large objects.
- 10,000-lb. capacity hydraulic lift raises vehicles for safe underside inspection.
- Our 60-foot long by 15-foot high wall grid and 30-foot by 18-foot floor grid provide dimensional perspectives for photography and time-motion studies.
- Vehicle lifting frame safely raises vehicles so that they can be rotated a full 360 degrees for test and inspection.
- A rigid structural test table provides a stable base for structural deformation and failure tests.
- Full array of general and special purpose hand and power tools to accomplish disassembly, inspection and test.
The fabrication shop is equipped with wood and metal working tools and machinery for fabricating unique testing mechanisms, test jigs, instrumentation mounts and demonstrative scale models.
Engineering and Analysis Laboratory
The engineering and analysis lab is equipped to perform computer analyses, electrical component testing, limited small-scale flammability and fluids testing and instrumentation procedures. A sampling of resources includes:
- An environmental hood for safely conducting small scale tests on chemicals and flammables.
- Power supplies, oscilloscopes, waveform generators and general purpose electrical test equipment.
- Laboratory microscope for detailed examination of parts.
- MasterTech scan tool - to diagnose and repair vehicle electronic engine control systems.
- Automotive "black box" data recovery system - Crash Data Recovery(CDR).
- Truck Data Retrieval - to include quickstop, hard braking, air bag deployment and system information.
- Mitchell OnDemand - computerized vehicle repair information systems.
Laboratory Software Capabilities
PC Crash and Aras 360 software programs for simulation and analysis of crash dynamics.
Daisy Lab and Stalker ATS software are used for instrument set-up, data download and data analysis.
Our video and graphics animation facility provides complete services to support clients' needs for litigation, marketing and training. High resolution digital video and photography, a sound booth and full editing capability for SD and HD digital productions are but a few of the key features of our graphics department.
3D Studio MAX, Adobe After Effects, AutoCAD and Scene laser scanner software by FARO and are the tools of choice by the experienced animators to create highly accurate 3-D and 2-D models and animations.
Other Specialized Equipment
In addition to the particular lab specific equipment discussed previously, ATA has a number of versatile equipment items that can be used in the field as well as in the laboratory. Some examples follow.
- Nikon Total Station system for performing digital forensic mapping.
- FARO three-dimensional laser scanner.
- IOTech signal conditioning and data logging equipment package allows for collection of up to 264 channels of high rate data on strain, temperature, acceleration, vibration, loads, force and a number of other parameters during tests.
- Field crash test data collection is accomplished using IST high rate 3-axis data logging packages.
- MasterTech vehicle diagnostics.
- Vetronix CDR module download software and equipment.